We proudly serve over 20,000 Bay Area students annually through the following programs:
Opera ARIA Program
Opera Arts Resources in Action (ARIA) is San Francisco Opera’s suite of K–12 education programs that bring learning about opera into the classroom. ARIA offers a high level of flexibility and choice to educators, including customized lesson plans and comprehensive professional development.
ARIA programs include:
- ARIA Network, a program that partners classroom teachers with a San Francisco Opera teaching artist and culminates with an original mini-opera created by students
- ARIA Residency, in which educators work closely with a San Francisco Opera teaching artist to connect artistic and creative practices with classroom learning
- ARIA VAPA Mini-Residency, which focuses on connecting the study of opera to such disciplines as studio art, theater, dance and instrumental or vocal arts
- Practicing Everyday Arts Knowledge (PEAK), in which high school educators partner with a San Francisco Opera teaching artist to connect opera to multiple academic disciplines through the study of one specific opera
- Dress Rehearsals, at which student audiences enjoy mainstage productions at the War Memorial Opera House
- Opera in an Hour Movies for Schools, featuring one-hour versions of San Francisco Opera performances
We partner with universities and professors to foster connections between an opera and their students’ coursework. Classes attend final dress rehearsals at the War Memorial Opera House and participate in complementary events.
Help support these rich and vital programs by becoming a Friend of Education.
Questions? Please contact Joo Eun Lee at (415) 551-6244 or email@example.com.