FAQs FOR CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASED TICKETS TO SUMMER 2020, FALL 2020, AND SPRING 2021 PERFORMANCES ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED IN THE WAR MEMORIAL OPERA HOUSE
1. Will performances be held at the War Memorial Opera House in the spring?
Since the onset of the pandemic, health orders have banned large indoor gatherings, including traditional performances. Until we can safely return to the Opera House, we have secured outdoor venues to safely host drive-in performances and screenings. In addition, we’ve designed a number of online programs for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own home.
2. I purchased tickets to Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and/or Spring 2021 performances that were originally scheduled in the War Memorial Opera House. What are my options?
You have the option to apply the value of your original ticket funds toward future ticket purchases for live performances hosted by San Francisco Opera on stage and online. Beginning March 9, you can use your On-Account funds online by logging into your account and selecting ‘On-Account Funds’ at checkout. You can also apply these funds to donations and gift certificates online by selecting ‘On-Account Funds’ at checkout, or you can call the Box Office to request a refund.
3. I purchased parking for Spring 2021 performances through San Francisco Opera for the Performing Arts Garage or UC Hastings Garage. What are my available options?
Your funds are being held on account, and you can apply these funds to donations and gift certificates online by selecting ‘On-Account Funds’ at checkout, or you can call the Box Office to request a refund. Please note this does not apply if you received complimentary parking as a Medallion Society member.
4. Who can I talk to if I have questions about my tickets, subscription, and/or donations?
While the War Memorial Opera House remains closed, our dedicated Box Office team is working remotely and is available to assist patrons by phone at (415) 864-3330, Monday 10am–5pm and Tuesday–Saturday 10am–6pm.You may also email [email protected].
5. Are you continuing to stream full opera productions online?
Yes, Opera is ON! This spring, we will be streaming new virtual experiences from podcasts to intimate concerts, hosting a virtual Ring Festival, and streaming a number of operas from our archives. In addition, this summer we will be streaming recordings of our live drive-in experiences. Visit sfopera.com/online to learn more.
6. When will the 2021–22 Season be announced?
We anticipate announcing the season in the late spring of 2021.
7. Are you canceling Der Zwerg and A Celebration of Verdi & Wagner?
These performances will not be happening as previously scheduled and advertised, but we look forward to welcoming you to our live drive-in performances and new virtual experiences.
8. Where will the drive-in performances of The Barber of Seville and The Adlers: Live at the Drive-In take place?
These performances are scheduled to take place at Marin Center, San Rafael, California. Learn more about the venue here.
9. I previously converted my funds to a gift certificate, but my On-Account funds are showing a balance due.
The On-Account funds currently displayed in your account are separate from any/all gift certificate funds.