Opera at the Ballpark on Saturday, September 21 will occur on the same evening as an event at the new Chase Center, located a few blocks south of Oracle Park.
Please see below for our recommendations for making your trip to Oracle Park as smooth as possible on this busier-than-normal evening in San Francisco:
1. Come early.
2. Take public transit, bike, or walk.
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is available to provide FREE Valet Bicycle Parking at Opera at the Ballpark! Find them on the PortWalk between the foul pole and health center on the side of the stadium by McCovey Cove (the water). Opens at 5:30pm and stay open until 30 minutes after the performance ends.
- The SF Opera Simulcast is BARTable! Patrons can either take their normal routes to the ballpark or consider riding to Embarcadero and then taking Muni to Oracle Park.
- Muni will run its normal Oracle Park special-event rail service, in addition to extra rail service to and from the Chase Center to ensure that there will be ample room for attendees of events at both venues.
- From the Peninsula and South Bay: Caltrain will run its normal special Oracle Park service, which includes one extra local and one extra bullet train pre-event and two Millbrae Express Trains departing approximately 15 minutes and 25 minutes after the conclusion of the Simulcast, or when the train is full. Last train departs at 12:05am. Read the full schedule here.
- From the North Bay: The Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry will also run special service on this day. The ferry will depart from Larkspur at 4:15pm (arriving at Oracle Park at approximately 5:20pm) and depart from Oracle Park promptly 30 minutes after the conclusion of the simulcast. Click here to purchase tickets and learn more.
3. For those who plan to drive: If you drive, consider parking north of Oracle Park. If you plan to park in Lot A/Pier 48, allow extra travel time and follow guidance from SFMTA enforcement officers for the most efficient routes through the area.
More Transportation Tips