A Cultural and Performing Arts Organization for Teens
Opera Scouts go to Italy in April 2018
Celebrating individual achievement in a supportive ensemble, Opera Scouts provides a social, developmental, career and service home for arts-minded youth. Scouts meet weekly for training, rehearsals and trips to local performances. Join us!
Scouts are trained in skills promoting better communication, confidence, integrity and conflict management. As they advance through the program, they become eligible to be student conflict mediators at their schools.
- GUEST SPEAKERS AND MASTER CLASSES. Each meeting has a specific area of learning enhanced by master classes and expert guest speakers.
- MERIT BADGES. Each Scout plans a project in the arts and works toward this project for 4–6 weeks, receiving a Merit Badge upon completion.
- OPERA AND THEATER TRIPS. Scouts attend San Francisco Opera dress rehearsals, as well as student performances and concerts at other Bay Area venues. Additional ticket fees may apply.
- AUDITIONS. Scouts gain access to audition, competition, internship and job placement opportunities. Scouts receive special preparation and support for audition success.
- PERFORMANCE. Scouts participate in recitals, performance showcases and community outreach opportunities throughout the year.
- LEADERSHIP. Scouts help plan events and reach out to partnering arts and community organizations.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION. Scouts are trained in conflict resolution through the arts, enabling them to become conflict mediators at their schools.