Cultural and Performing Arts Ensembles for Teens and Youth
OPERA SCOUTS and Madrigals
Discover Opera. Discover the World. Discover Yourself.
Celebrating individual achievement within a supportive ensemble, Opera Scouts provides an artistic, social, career and developmental home for youth who are passionate about the performing arts. Scouts meet weekly for training, activities, projects, rehearsals and trips to local performances.
Now for younger students, we're delighted to introduce Madrigals! Weekly meetings will focus on folk songs, composition, storytelling and performance skills in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
Scouts are trained in skills promoting better communication, confidence, integrity and conflict management. As they advance through the program, they become eligible to be student conflict mediators at their schools.
- GUEST SPEAKERS AND MASTER CLASSES. Each meeting has a specific area of learning enhanced by master classes and expert guest speakers.
- MERIT BADGES. Each Scout plans a project in the arts and works toward this project for 4–6 weeks, receiving a Merit Badge upon completion.
- OPERA AND THEATER TRIPS. Scouts attend San Francisco Opera dress rehearsals, as well as student performances and concerts at other Bay Area venues. Additional ticket fees may apply.
- AUDITIONS. Scouts gain access to audition, competition, internship and job placement opportunities. Scouts receive special preparation and support for audition success.
- PERFORMANCE. Scouts participate in recitals, performance showcases and community outreach opportunities throughout the year.
- LEADERSHIP. Scouts help plan events and reach out to partnering arts and community organizations.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION. Scouts are trained in conflict resolution through the arts, enabling them to become conflict mediators at their schools.