Special Assistant to the Executive Offices (Temporary)
The Assistant to the Office of the General Director will provide general administrative support to the Office of the General Director, with a focus on board relations and company-facing office functions. This temporary position will begin on a part-time basis as soon as possible with anticipation of becoming seasonal full-time in September 2021 and ending at the beginning of February 2022. During the part-time period, a schedule will be mutually agreed upon for approximately 20-25 hours per week. This position will likely begin as remote and then move into the office over the course of the summer.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience providing administrative support preferred.
- Experience working in performing arts or non-profit organizations preferred.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of operatic repertoire or the performing arts preferred.
- Ability to work some extended, flexible hours (some evenings and weekends possible).
- Performs tasks accurately, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Outstanding communication, both written and verbal.
Excellent organizational skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and G Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing presentation materials for staff and board-level audiences including use of PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment and follow-through.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize diverse and multiple tasks, maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with Board members, artists, staff, the public, and volunteers in a persuasive, professional, diplomatic, and friendly manner.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides key assistance to Office of the General Director staff, supporting a number of company-wide initiatives and touchpoints. Duties will include drafting communication, assisting with special projects, managing company event logistics, and facilitating key office functions.
- As a parental leave cover, serves as primary contact for all logistical matters pertaining to the Board of Directors.
- Manages board meeting (full, executive, and various committees as assigned) logistics (e.g., schedules, timelines, notifications, correspondence, materials, vendors, compliance issues, post-meeting follow-up, and archiving).
- Updates and maintains board documents and data (e.g., committees, rosters, directory, handbook, orientation materials).
- Corresponds with and assists board members as needed; serves as staff liaison for all Board-related events and primary liaison for internal and external inquiries related to the Board of Directors.
- Assists with numerous logistical elements pertaining to the Board of Directors, including monitoring deadlines and deliverables, content preparation, and event planning.
- Provides support to the Office of the General Director through a variety of administrative tasks including email communication, calendaring, meeting preparation, event assistance, data management, and research.
- Provides cross-functional support in coordination with the Executive Assistant to the General Director, ensuring smooth operations for the General Director in all areas of his day.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Applicantion Instructions: E-mail required job application, cover letter, and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF