Rehearsal Assistant (general duties shared by the Rehearsal Department)
- Provides a welcoming and friendly environment for guest artists, company members, patrons and volunteers.
- Covers the rehearsal office so that there is a staff member physically present at all times during an opera related activity (i.e. rehearsal or performance) either on or off-site.
- Fields questions from artists while they are in San Francisco and directs artists to the proper person when appropriate.
- Distributes, posts, & archives the daily, weekly, and bi-weekly schedules (may assist in cross-referencing/editing certain schedules)
- Covers child-related issues: managing start/end times for studio school, communicating with teachers/parents/wranglers, scheduling & training wranglers/teachers for show running.
- Assists in obtaining Critical Factor information for upcoming seasons and maintains the Critical Factor drive / show archives
- Understands & has a general awareness of all scheduled activities on a daily basis.
- Assists in ensuring that all artists are accounted for prior to rehearsals and performances; contacts all principal artists & the maestro the morning of each performance to confirm wellness, call times, and backstage guests.
- Collects information for principal artist / staff contact sheets and maintains them on a per-show basis.
- Inputs releases into the release database
- Retrieves and distributes mail, invitations, flowers/gifts, and phone message/package notifications to artists/staff.
- Administers & maintains incident report paperwork; disseminates incident report/workers comp documentation to the proper parties.
- Prepares the performance sign-in sheets for on-call/on-duty staff members (Managing Directors, Executive, Artistic, Music Staff, Tech), In-house Doctor, Covers, Studio Teachers, Wranglers, & Child Chorus Reps/Chaperones.
- Compiles a backstage guest list for each performance, updates this list throughout the performance, and prepares the backstage guest list/passes for the door guards
- Compiles a list of scheduled donors attending rehearsals and provides Development with rehearsal access credentials.
- Compiles a ticket voucher list for Artists’ Guests for open final dress rehearsals; works the Artist Guest door or in the office for final dress rehearsals to distribute vouchers & to confirm that all guest admittance policies are being observed.
- Creates principal artist overview charts & free day assignment documents; assists with scheduling same day rehearsal spaces, coaching studios, & dressing rooms—as well as booking conference room requests into the Outlook calendar.
- Remains accessible to the Supernumerary/Facilities Coordinator to assist in the search for & general managing of Supernumeraries as well as assisting with minor Facility issues.
- Greets guest artists upon arrival to WMOH and assists with the Meet & Greet information/script.
- Assists in scheduling Wilsey Center events & booking the Wilsey Large Conference Room
- Unlocks the rehearsal spaces, coaching studios, & dressing rooms at the WMOH and reports any maintenance issues.
- Directs and/or escorts artists to rehearsal spaces both within the WMOH grounds and external venues.
- Prints and distributes Rehearsal Department reference cards containing important phone numbers & email addresses
- Compiles ID badge requests for artists, staff, spouses and/or families, house doctors, child supers, child chorus organizations, studio teachers, wranglers, and chaperones.
- Handles personal needs of artists/production teams when necessary, such as: food, medicine, taxis
- Creates and changes the dressing room placards according to the onstage rehearsal or performance.
- Maintains the Rehearsal Department Call Board by posting the current version of pertinent information
- Assists Security and House Management with access and/or clearance for guests or unescorted opera patrons
- Responsible for general office maintenance; assists in ordering or purchasing office, hospitality, & medical supplies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned