Marketing Manager: Brand and Loyalty
PURPOSE: To execute marketing campaigns that generate the highest level of audience satisfaction and revenue; to define and implement patron relationship programs to achieve retention goals; to identify priorities and strategies through patron analysis to improve patron loyalty and drive revenue
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three to five (3-5) years of arts marketing and advertising experience. Direct experience with an opera and/or performing arts presenter highly preferred.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of advertising and marketing disciplines.
- Knowledge of ticketing and subscription-based sales.
- Experience creating and executing direct mail, broadcast, telemarketing, and out-of-home campaigns
- Excellent writing and editing skills and passion for the written word
- Experience working with graphic designers and passion for great design
- Proven success in creating, implementing, and managing customer loyalty programs.
- Proven track record in building programs and increasing overall customer satisfaction.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience working cross-departmentally with Informational Services, Box Office, Front of House, and Development/Fundraising
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Proficiency in project management tools and platforms; Asana and Microsoft Teams highly preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and problem solve with multiple internal and external constituencies
- Knowledge of opera and classical music, as well as experience in the opera industry and performing arts field highly preferred
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours, if necessary.
- Proficiency in Tessitura revenue management system is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project management. Ability to meet firm deadlines and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present effectively internally and externally.
- Familiarity with budgeting
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Exemplary diplomacy, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style guide preferred.
- Good sense of humor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with the Associate Director of Marketing to execute the marketing plan for subscription and single ticket sales across all traditional marketing channels (print / broadcast / direct mail / telemarketing /Out-of-Home etc.).
- In coordination with the Associate Director of Marketing, set annual patron retention goals for the institution and monitor progress against goals.
- Manage direct mail campaigns that drive towards patron retention goals.
- Write and edit marketing copy for direct mail and other traditional marketing channels
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Marketing, Associate Director of Analytics and Strategy, and Marketing Manager, New Audiences and Engagement on patron lifecycle and segmentation
- Manage outbound telemarketing sales campaigns and vendors in support of subscription and single ticket sales, audience retention, and growth
- Track metrics of patron retention and provide regular progress towards outcomes in coordination with Associate Director of Analytics and Strategy.
- Manage and respond to customer service issues and policies as needed and collaborate with Box Office and Front of House regarding customer service initiatives.
- Establish partnerships that benefit patrons with a focus on providing benefits to audiences that foster retention and growth.
- Supervise one staff: Marketing Coordinator, Brand and Loyalty.
- Contribute actively to the department budgeting process and cycle, particularly in the areas of patron loyalty and retention programs in collaboration with overall marketing department budget, with consistent monitoring and tracking above.
- Support partner organizations and internal departments in interpreting results of current and future patron retention goals and addressing identified priorities.
- Work with San Francisco Opera Center and Merola to support their direct mail initiatives
- Establish excellent and collaborative relationships across all partner organizations.
- Attend and represent the Marketing Department at evening and/or weekend performances, concerts, and events with an eye to increased patron retention activity.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
E-mail required cover letter, job application, and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Vaccination policy: San Francisco Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Within 24 hours of accepting a conditional offer of employment with SF Opera, individuals must either submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or submit to the human resources department a medical or religious exemption from the vaccination policy. If proof of vaccination is not provided and a request for an exemption is either not submitted in the time frame stated or not granted, the conditional offer of employment will be null and void by its own terms as the condition will not have been fulfilled. Individuals receiving a conditional offer of employment from SF Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF