To provide administrative and project support for the areas of Legacy Giving in the Development department
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of related work experience
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of basic principles and practices of fundraising, customer service.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and work collaboratively with staff, patrons, board members and other volunteers in a highly professional, confidential, and tactful manner
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects with firm deadlines while maintaining accuracy and a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently while utilizing good judgement
- Ability to communicate logically, consistently and persuasively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to respond to complex requests and provide high-level patron services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database navigation; Tessitura revenue management system experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of current internet graphics and desktop publishing applications preferred
- Knowledge of opera/performing arts preferred
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and expense management preferred
- Ability to occasionally attend evening and weekend events in the Bay Area
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides professional administrative support for the areas of Legacy Giving to ensure short- and long-term goals in support of the strategic mission, vision and values of the Opera.
- Works with the Legacy Giving team to administer campaigns, initiatives and projects.
- Provides administrative support to the Legacy Giving committee, including facilitation of meetings, taking minutes and coordinating volunteer engagement activities.
- Coordinates the writing and, as needed, design layout of Legacy Giving materials, such as correspondences, proposals, project reports and donor spotlights.
- Collaborates in creating, executing and monitoring Legacy Giving marketing and communication materials, including website.
- Oversees review of program book listings and revision of Bel Canto Legacy Society membership posters.
- Assists with production of annual individual endowment reports.
- Provides planning and staffing support for Bel Canto Legacy Society events, including attendance at events.
- Provides high-level stewardship and concierge support to Bel Canto Legacy Society members.
- Follows up on Legacy Giving leads as directed.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of donor contacts, gift acknowledgments, donor recognition and ongoing patron communications.
- When circumstances arise, occasionally assist as a backup to meet, and engage Legacy giving prospects.
- Works in partnership with all areas of development to facilitate events and donor cultivation opportunities
- Works closely with all areas of development to support individual gifts fundraising
- Manages donor analysis projects as assigned
- Track’s receipt of Legacy Giving invoices.
- Maintains development records and files as appropriate, in addition to documenting and archiving action plans and team strategies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Application Instructions: E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé, to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.