Internships available on a rolling basis
Length of Internship: Flexible, 3-12 months
Hours per week: 15-35
The Education Department of San Francisco Opera provides opera education opportunities for adults, students and families. The Education intern is assigned a variety of projects to support the work of the department.
- Attends and documents opera resource visits to schools in SF and East Bay
- Helps create resource materials for school programs
- Assists with school outreach efforts, including managing mailings and maintaining mailing list
- Provides support for events, including teacher professional development sessions
- Publicizes events using online listings and social media
- In addition, to ensure that the intern has the full picture of the everyday work processes of an Education department, some general duties will also be included
- Supervised by School Programs and Community Programs departments
All interns are expected to possess these minimum qualifications: knowledge of their subject area, proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Publisher preferred); ability to work as a team player, ability to organize and prioritize, and ability to take direction well. A valid California driver’s license is preferred.
Note: Interns must be eligible to receive college credit from an accredited institution for their internships; or be participating in an approved training program if not in college.
E-mail required cover letter and résumé directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (415) 551-6297. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted internship opportunities.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF