Interim Director of Annual Giving
To execute San Francisco Opera’s annual giving programs targeting donors giving up to $2,999 annually, including all revenue-generating activities \ from direct-response fundraising sources.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two years of experience in annual fund, marketing, or direct response fundraising.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of: principles and practices of fundraising; database marketing, analysis and segmentation; direct mail, email, and telefunding strategies and tactics.
- Knowledge of performing arts and/or the operatic art form preferred.
- Proven success in providing superior customer service.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and database navigation.
- Database experience (especially Tessitura) is preferred.
- Must be able to set priorities; coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; meet firm deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with external vendors to produce high-quality, cost-effective results.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes strategies for San Francisco Opera’s membership program for the acquisition, growth and retention of individual donors giving up to $2,999 annually, including annual direct mail, online fundraising, and telefundraising campaigns.
- Direct Mail: work on campaigns for Fall Second Ask, Centennial Ask, Holiday Card, Spring Challenge prep and a Bel Canto mailing
- Online Fundraising:
- Work on email campaigns for Fall Second Ask and Calendar year-end as well as periodic events and donor thank you’s
- work on website activity as it relates to support pages and Quick Donate
- Telefundraising: manage aspects of the Fall campaign including leads, weekly suppressions, weekly reports and meetings, and reviewing invoicing; prep the Spring campaign as needed.
- Coordinates fundraising messaging and solicitations online and in print as part of the annual subscription campaign in liaison with the Marketing Department. Includes creating and testing content.
- Manages successful and productive relationships with external direct response vendors, ensuring that projects are completed on time and to budget.
- Oversees direct-mail, email, and web presence for all areas of the development department, including scheduling, coordination and ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Works in partnership with Special Events staff to facilitate and advertise cultivation opportunities.
- Creates and maintains member benefit event emails/webpage.
- Utilizes the donor database as needed including generating weekly reports and reconciling gift source codes (tracking why a gift was made).
- Helps manage flow of donors through subscription renewal process.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of donor contacts and ongoing communications with current and potential donors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
E-mail required cover letter, job application, and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.