Human Resources Manager
PURPOSE: To manage various HR functions and provide human resources support for San Francisco Opera Association.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 7 + years of human resources experience handling a variety of HR issues and functions.
- 1-2+ years of HR management and supervisory experience.
- Non-profit or arts organization experience preferred.
- Solid experience managing sensitive employee relations issues, benefits program administration, and leaves of absence, and leading a variety of HR projects.
- Experience organizing, maintaining, and managing HR records and filing systems (paper-based and electronic)
- HRCI or SHRM Professional Human Resource Certification a plus.
- Experience working with and understanding of labor unions and collective bargaining agreements a plus.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS
- Ability to work independently; prioritize tasks; and exercise good judgment and initiative
- Ability to manage multiple, competing programs, projects, and priorities successfully
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with all staff in a professional, confidential and tactful manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including HR compliance issues
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages, administers, and recommends improvements to internal employee recordkeeping systems, including human resources database, computer software systems, and manual filing system
- Reviews and maintains HR records and HRIS data, and ensures the accurate, efficient, and timely transfer of data between the Human Resources and Payroll departments
- Assists and makes recommendations in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates and recommends departmental goals, objectives, and systems
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, handles and resolves various employee and labor relations issues and assists internal customers with requests and inquiries.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, manages and administers employee benefits programs, including, but not limited to: oversight of benefits website; change reporting; HCSO quarterly funding; monthly invoice reconciliation, auditing of payroll benefit flex plan deductions, retirement plan requests and questions, etc.
- Co-manages open enrollment
- Manages leaves of absences and workers’ compensation processes, reporting and claims
- Assists Director of Human Resources by managing, tracking, and posting OSHA reporting.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, ensures company compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and reporting, including EEOC, ACA, & CMS
- Assists in developing and evaluating reports, decisions, and results of departmental established goals.
- Provides Director of Human Resources and other members of management with various HR-related reports as necessary
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Advises employees and management on standard HR policies and procedures
- Builds effective working relationships with all employees
- Maintains employment listings and administrative staff listing on Opera website
- Reconciliation of departmental expenses and invoices for approval and submittal
- Represents department as needed for company projects or committees
- Performs ad hoc reporting
- Designated back-up for HR Coordinator and HR Director as appropriate
- As appropriate, provides supervision, training, and guidance to HR Coordinator
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
EQUIPMENT OR MACHINES, IF ANY, THAT MUST BE OPERATED TO PERFORM THE POSITION ACCEPTABLY: Computer, printer, copier, telephone and other general office equipment and machines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoors with temperature and noise levels typical of this environment. Must be able to work in a theatrical environment including low light situations.
E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF
Posted December, 2020