Artistic Operations Coordinator
PURPOSE: To Assist Artistic Department in all operations management, including database management, expense and financial processing, contracting and personnel management, and assisting the Artistic Planning Manager in digital transformation efforts and special projects.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of experience.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with database systems (Quickbase, FileServer, ArtsVision, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with special expertise in Excel.
- Familiarity and experience with contracts and/or labor agreements.
- Strong financial management experience, including tracking and processing expenses and budgeting.
- Familiarity with e-signature technology (DocuSign) and cloud storage systems (BOX, Dropbox, etc.)
- Ability to work independently; prioritize tasks; and exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with artists, staff, the public, and volunteers in a professional, confidential and tactful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Reliable daily attendance and punctuality.
- Familiarity with classical music, performing arts and/or live performance production, preferred but not required.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer Artistic-Music-Production Database systems (Quickbase), including day-to-day maintenance and debugging and leads design, build, and testing of new functionality and features.
- Assists with digital transformation efforts for Artistic-Music-Production including research, implementation and developing and leading onboarding and user training and designing and updating documentation for Company members.
- Initiates all Artist contracting functions, including collecting and inputting terms and data via Artistic Database, generating documentation including side letters and addenda, shepherding reviews and approvals, and issuing and tracking all contracts and enclosures, including necessary follow-up and responding to queries.
- Prepares and issues regular reporting and updates for Artistic-Music-Production teams, including contract status reports, and notifications.
- Gathers, inputs and maintains Artistic Database data, including season and repertoire planning, casting, personnel information, and rate and fee paradigms as set by associated collective bargaining agreements.
- Creates and updates all Principal Artist fee Abstracts and payroll documentation and liaise with the Finance Department to set Artist payment schedules.
- Liaise with AGMA on all Principal Artist paperwork and administer benefit submissions and payments for Principal Artists with AGMA's Health and Retirement Fund
- Liases with and prepares reporting for Artists related to fees and payments, including fee breakdowns.
- Tracks and issues Principal Artist overtime, per diem, penalty payments, and media fees.
- Tracks all departmental expenses and maintain financial documentation for budget manager.
- Assists with all media rights acquisition activity related to Principal Artists, including tracking and reporting.
- Process departmental expense reports and fee requests, as assigned.
- Maintain and manage Company audition database, liaising with the Artistic Assistant, as required.
- Tracks all cross-departmental Artist requests and attends and staff events, as assigned.
- Create and maintain Artistic and Music Planning documentation, including casting sheets and out-season-planning.
- Provides administrative support for collective bargaining sessions, as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
EQUIPMENT OR MACHINES, IF ANY, THAT MUST BE OPERATED TO PERFORM THE POSITION ACCEPTABLY: Computer, printer, copier, telephone and other general office equipment and machines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoors with temperature and noise levels typical of this environment
E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF
Posted February, 2021