Marketing Coordinator: Brand and Audiences
Supporting marketing efforts surrounding ticket sales and audience development campaigns for San Francisco Opera, including patron experience initiatives, subscriptions, and events.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two years of experience in marketing, public relations, sales, and/or customer service. Arts background preferred.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of marketing principles across channels including direct mail, email, digital, and teleservices.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with CRM programs; Tessitura highly preferred.
- Familiarity with invoicing and reconciling budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications; Excel and Word highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in email platforms; Wordfly preferred.
- Proficiency in project management tools and platforms; Asana and Microsoft Teams highly preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and problem solve with multiple internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to brainstorm and research potential contacts and programs.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours, if necessary.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, prioritize tasks, and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating multiple, competing priorities successfully and meeting firm deadlines.
- Ability and disposition navigating fast-paced, team-oriented, rapidly changing environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with artists, staff, the public and volunteers in an effective, professional, confidential, and tactful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
- Familiarity with operatic repertoire and/or the Bay Area performing arts landscape preferred.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style guide preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contributes as an active part of the marketing team, supporting all ticket sales, audience development, patron retention, advertising, and promotional strategies to meet institutional goals.
- Writes draft marketing collateral copy as assigned for supervisor’s review and approval.
- Builds and extracts lists in Tessitura for internal and external trade list fulfillment.
- Coordinates scheduling and deployment of email, web, and direct mail promotions.
- Serves as one of the primary patron service contacts for the marketing department.
- Coordinates patron benefit fulfillment including subscription renewals, welcome packets, perk partners, parking fulfillment, events, and surprise-and-delight initiatives.
- Attends evening and/or weekend performances as requested to perform essential job functions.
- Supports third-party marketing vendor initiatives including teleservices and transportation.
- Maintains server organization and filing; processes invoices for marketing and audience development activities and initiatives.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Processes invoices for marketing and audience development activities and initiatives.
- Supports audience experience initiatives for key San Francisco Opera events in the bay area.
EQUIPMENT OR MACHINES, IF ANY, THAT MUST BE OPERATED TO PERFORM THE POSITION ACCEPTABLY: Computer, printer, copier, telephone and other general office equipment and machines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoors with temperature and noise levels typical of this environment
Applicantion Instructions: E-mail required job application, cover letter, résumé, and two work/writing samples to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF