To provide administrative and project support for the Individual and Leadership Giving areas in the development department.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of related work experience.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of basic principles and practices of fundraising, and customer service.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and work collaboratively with staff, patrons, board members and other volunteers in a highly professional, confidential and tactful manner.
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects with tight timelines and meet firm deadlines while maintaining accuracy and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate logically, consistently and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to respond to complex requests and provide high-level patron services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database navigation
- Tessitura revenue management system preferred.
- Knowledge of opera/performing arts preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and expense management preferred.
- Ability to occasionally attend evening and weekend events in the Bay Area.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides professional administrative support for the Individual and Leadership Giving areas to ensure departmental short- and long-term goals in support of the strategic mission, vision and values of the Opera.
- Provides general administrative support to the Director of Individual and Leadership Giving.
- Works with the Individual and Leadership Giving team to administer campaigns, initiatives and projects as assigned, including Producers Circle, Adler Fellow Sponsorship and Orpheus programs.
- Provides administrative support to the Medallion (Development) including facilitation of meetings and coordinating volunteer engagement activities.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to travel programs as needed.
- Serves as primary Development Staff liaison with the General Director’s and Board President’s offices in stewardship and cultivation strategies, including timely coordination of acknowledgment letters and occasional direct-mail campaigns.
- Coordinates the writing and, as needed, design layout of Individual- and Leadership-related materials, such as correspondences, proposals, and project reports.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of donor contacts, gift acknowledgments, donor recognition and ongoing patron communications.
- Serves as the primary development contact for a portfolio of donors giving from $3,000 - $10,000, in collaboration with the Director of Individual and Leadership Giving and an Individual Giving Officer to ensure that proper stewardship is provided, including acknowledgments and recognition, for purposes of retention and active engagement.
- Provides high-level stewardship and concierge support to patrons in the Individual and Leadership Giving areas.
- Works in partnership with all areas of development to facilitate events and donor cultivation opportunities.
- Works closely with all areas of development to support individual gifts fundraising.
- Manages department-wide donor cultivation opportunities with production, media and rehearsal teams.
- Manages donor analysis projects as assigned.
- Maintains development records and files as appropriate as well as documenting and archiving action plans and team strategies.
- Perform other job-related special projects and duties as assigned
Application Instructions: E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé, to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Vaccination policy: San Francisco Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Within 24 hours of accepting a conditional offer of employment with SF Opera, individuals must either submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or submit to the human resources department a medical or religious exemption from the vaccination policy. If proof of vaccination is not provided and a request for an exemption is either not submitted in the time frame stated or not granted, the conditional offer of employment will be null and void by its own terms as the condition will not have been fulfilled. Individuals receiving a conditional offer of employment from SF Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.