Individual Giving Officer
To develop Individual Giving strategies and provide professional management of individual donors, primarily focusing on patrons giving between $3,000 and $25,000
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience in nonprofit development, sales or customer service.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of fundraising and ticketing and patron services.
- Knowledge of performing arts and/or the operatic art form preferred.
- Proven success in managing portfolios of 75 to 150 patrons and demonstrated achievement in providing superior service and producing excellent financial results from patrons.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and database navigation.
- Tessitura revenue management system experience highly preferred.
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts from donors.
- Exemplary diplomacy, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to set priorities; coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and convey complicated procedures clearly and succinctly.
- Establish working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer leadership and senior staff, involving them, as appropriate, in the cultivation and solicitation process for individual donors.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Capacity to attend evening and weekend Opera events in the Bay area.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages a portfolio of and builds relationships with individual donors giving from $3,000 -$25,000 annually with the purpose of upgrading donors to higher levels.
- Works with all areas of Development to support multiple special campaigns, including multi-year strategies for annual gifts, signature projects, legacy giving, and endowment needs.
- Provides a high level of donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Partners with staff, volunteer leadership and appropriate resources as needed to meet department objectives.
- Actively participates in the move’s management practice.
- Meets ambitious portfolio revenue goals.
- Works with all areas of Development to support initiatives to identify new prospects for Medallion Society, designated giving and legacy giving.
- Helps manage flow of donors through subscription renewal process.
- Hosts donors at various events and functions.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of donor contacts and ongoing communications with current and potential donors.
- Partners with all areas of Development to facilitate events and cultivation opportunities.
- Provides stewardship and benefits; ensures donors are recognized and acknowledged properly.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF
Posted December 2020