PURPOSE: To understand and implement marketing objectives in all materials; to build and maintain the corporate brand; to work with the Marketing staff on all projects.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum five (5) years of related work experience, including production of printed materials.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent desktop/web publishing skills using QuarkXpress, Adobe CS: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and all support utilities and software.
- Proficient with Macintosh operating system including troubleshooting and network operations.
- Excellent concept, design, organization and editorial skills.
- Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver skills required.
- Proficient with scanning for both print and web
- Creative graphic designer evidenced by a diverse portfolio.
- Strategic thinker and communicator with the ability to develop and execute projects from concept through production.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of writing, editing and proofreading process.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project management.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must be able to set priorities; coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; meet firm deadlines and tight timeframes.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Exemplary diplomacy, problem-solving and teamwork skills with the ability both to lead and to follow.
- Knowledge of opera / performing arts preferred.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and designs printed materials for the San Francisco Opera, which includes comprehensive marketing campaigns, direct mail, brochures, advertisements, posters, and product development.
- Participates in conceptual design and communications meetings across organizational departments.
- Coordinate and produce all printed communications for all SF Opera print advertising (i.e. major brochure production; season brochure(s); season guide; subscriber guides; ticket stuffers; signage; single ticket/special presentation flyers/event materials; postcards; subscriber fulfillment mailing/stuffers/inserts; flyers and handouts).
- Serve in a key role of brand governance through visual and corporate identity (print/web/broadcast/environmental graphics).
- Responsible for stewarding projects throughout design/review process, and successful production/delivery.
- With the Senior Manager, Creative and Digital, develops relationships with vendors such as printers and paper companies, and securing aggressive bids and cost-effective printing solutions.
- Scans and resizes artwork and photography for print, web, and e-mail projects.
- Responsible for managing and updating department’s archival portfolio.
- Supervises design interns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend some evening and/or weekend performances/events as requested.
E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé with salary requirements directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (415) 551-6297. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF