Email Content Coordinator
PURPOSE: To plan, develop, and execute SF Opera's email campaigns that invite and inform audiences and grow revenue.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a degree in a related field.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two years of related work experience in marketing and web technologies.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess a strong understanding of email marketing technology.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- 2 or more years of experience using Wordfly or other email provider required
- Strong writer and careful editor
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; database skills desirable.
- Ability to work independently; prioritize tasks; and exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with all staff in a professional, confidential and tactful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Reliable daily attendance and punctuality.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create, manage, route, proof and execute outbound e-mail communications for the Marketing department
- Work with Creative Project Manager to create, manage, and coordinate e-mail request schedule
- Ensure all emails are consistent in tone and language and reflect the overall strategy and brand of the institution.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
E-mail required cover letter, job application, and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Vaccination policy: San Francisco Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Within 24 hours of accepting a conditional offer of employment with SF Opera, individuals must either submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or submit to the human resources department a medical or religious exemption from the vaccination policy. If proof of vaccination is not provided and a request for an exemption is either not submitted in the time frame stated or not granted, the conditional offer of employment will be null and void by its own terms as the condition will not have been fulfilled. Individuals receiving a conditional offer of employment from SF Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF