To work closely with all areas of Development in order to provide administrative support and ensure cohesive and streamlined communication for the department both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of related work experience
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of basic principles and practices of fundraising and customer service
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and work collaboratively with staff, patrons, board members and other volunteers in a highly professional, confidential and tactful manner
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects with tight timelines and meet firm deadlines while maintaining accuracy and a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, utilizing good judgement
- Ability to communicate logically, consistently and persuasively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to respond to complex requests and provide high-level patron services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database navigation; Tessitura experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of current desktop publishing applications a plus
- Knowledge of opera/performing arts preferred
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and expense management preferred
- Ability to occasionally attend evening and weekend events in the Bay Area
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides administrative support to the Deputy Director of Development, including the management of communications, appointment scheduling, and expense reports, in addition to the tracking of deadlines and important events
- Provides administrative support for internal and external meetings, including scheduling, developing agendas and notices, preparing presentations, confirming attendance; attends meetings, takes and distributes meeting minutes as needed.
- Provides general administrative support to the Development Department, including maintaining office supplies, sorting and distributing mail, time-reporting (leave requests and timesheets), monthly department calendars, department roster, petty cash, and other duties as assigned.
- Helps facilitate communication within the department as well as serving as a liaison between Development and external departments.
- Serves as a primary point of communication between the Development Department and the Office of the General Director (OGD). In partnership with the OGD Executive Assistant, maintains the General Director’s calendar of donor meetings and Development activities as well as tracks the GD’s Development priorities.
- Supports the OGD Board Relations and Special Projects Manager with Development-related communications and activities.
- Provides administrative support to Development-related Board committees.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of the Board Travel Program. DocuSign Envelope ID: 16AD29D0-F9F8-4603-9096-417C2EB60C9A
- Coordinates the writing and design/layout for correspondences, proposals, project reports and sponsor spotlights as assigned.
- Provides high-level stewardship and concierge support to patrons in the Deputy Director of Development’s donor portfolio.
- Manages filing system for the Deputy Director of Development’s office and keeps files accurate and up to date.
- Provides backup support to the Membership phone line and email account as needed
- Works closely with all areas of Development to support the department’s goals.
- Works in partnership with all areas of Development to facilitate events and donor cultivation opportunities.
- Serves as the safety representative for the Development Department.
- Manages donor analysis projects as assigned.
- Schedules periodic business travel, lunch meetings, etc.
- Provides occasional backup support for facilities-related area when required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
E-mail required job application, cover letter and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF
Posted October 2020