Our friendly Box Office staff knows the theater, the productions, the singers and more. We’ll help you find the best seat for you and your guests to ensure you have the best experience possible.
Buying your tickets
- Let us know your budget so we can guide you to the best seat at the right price.
- Try to select multiple date options. We may have better seats on alternate dates.
- If you’re interested in a show, assume others are too. Purchase tickets early, before prices go up.
- In a hurry? The best time to reach us is after 2pm. Phones are busiest in the mornings.
- If you have requested print at home tickets, please make sure you print the tickets and not the email. The tickets are sent as an attachment and they have a bar code.
- Specific seat numbers by section are available by viewing our online PDF: 2016–17 Season
- If you require accessible seating, please review our accessible seating and services guide.
Before you arrive
- The Box Office accepts ticket exchanges up to two hours prior to curtain. Learn more about our exchange policies.
- If your tickets are at will call, please plan to arrive 45 minutes before your performance.
For more ticketing information, please take a look at our ticket policy.
Students, seniors and military personnel are eligible for same day rush tickets to select performances. When available, rush tickets go on sale at 11am. Limit two (2) per person. Learn more.
Approximately 200 standing room tickets are available for each performance at the War Memorial Opera House starting at 10am on the day of performance. Tickets are $10 each, cash only. Limit two (2) per person.
Learn how to request ticket voucher donations.
For more assistance, please call or visit us in person:
War Memorial Opera House
301 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102-4509
Box Office Hours:
(Saturday off-season hours are phones only)